Saturday, September 15, 2012

Now THIS is My Kind of Car!

I've always been a sucker for fins, and this is one good looking example of American engineering at its most creative!


I saw this beauty on the 29th of July parked in front of the Place Trocadéro facing the Tour Eiffel.  I had been on a walking tour of highlights of the 16th, and had forgotten that the Traversée de Paris was happening that day.  This is a twice yearly event where you see the period costumed owners of about 500 classic cars, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, war time vehicles, buses and even tractors promenade across Paris.  We got to see quite a few of them head down Avenue du Président Wilson, and I just have to say, they really should bring back turquoise as a modern paint color option!  It really is quite a spectacle, one I think I'll put on my calendar for the winter edition. 

No comments: