Friday, September 9, 2011

We're Not Moving Today

Well that's a big ole bummer.  We had just about everything packed up and ready to be moved this morning, but we received an email at 930p last night telling us we should probably wait.  Looks like our landlord is considering refinishing the hardwood floor in our new apartment.  Which is nice, since it looks like this.

I tried scrubbing it on my hands and knees, but it's beyond needing a cleaning.  We won't know for sure if they will actually be doing the refinishing until next week.  And the refinishing itself will take 3 or 4 days.  So the earliest we could move in would be next Friday.  Or maybe we'll just wait until our household goods arrive the 19th and 20th.  Who knows.  I should point out that the apartment has been vacant since the first week of July.  Wish they could have figured this stuff out sooner.  Whine over.  Now to go unpack.  Oh joy.

1 comment:

Bienvenue chez French Girl in Seattle... said...

Sorry your moving into the new place has been postponed. It can't be too easy to wait, especially with kids. Focus on how great those floors [should] looks once they have been refinished! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle) -- By the way, I don't know if anyone has told you, but this is September. This means you should prepare yourself for a few strikes (mainly in the transportation system but you never know.) Something local an definitely "French" to look forward to. ;0)
Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)